Thursday 20 May 2010

Good Technology!!


The word technology sometimes leads to confusion.
Actually many people think of computers or really funky machines when they come across it. The idea that a pen represented technology in the past or many other simple services created to satisfy people, does not really spring to mind at first.

To think of my favorite piece of technology is rather simple. I have two, though.
I think the first one if my mobile phone. That is for a very simple reason. I like the idea of integration. For me to have a camera, the music I like and a diary with the numbers of poeple I want to ring, is really good I can't believe I used to memorize so many numbers! My brain must be deteriorating big time nowadays. The best part of it is the organizer. This is the only way I get to pay bills on time, send "boletas" on certain dates, etc. I love it. I got it in 2007 and use it all the time.
The second item I'd like to mention is the external disc drive. I think when you have lost all your info because your PC died or because you got it stolen or whatever reason, it can be really tragic. That is why I learnt we need to save info on a safe place that "ideally" will not collapse or disappear. I have complete books, whole albums of good music, and lots of documents that have taken me hours to download or write myself and don't want to lose. I don't remember when I got this but long ago. Could I live without them? Hell yeah! I would have to get used to it, that's all.

Describe your favourite piece of Technology.
Say:

- How you got it
- How long you have used it
- How often you use it
- Why you like it
Describe how life would be without it (220 words minimum)1 comment on your teacher's blog and 3 Comments on your classmates'.

Since today we have presentations, this time you can post on Friday or Saturday.

17 comments:

  1. Hello teacher, I think that you have all the reason! because the cell-phone is the most usefull technologic object that I have too!!!

    regards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss! I'm sorry but in 1 hour I have to travel with my family out of Santiago and I can't post to my classmates because I come back here in Sunday... I right my text about the "piece of technology that I like" and I posted you, but anyone write their posts yet. In sunday I can coment 3 posts but now, I can't!

    I hope you understand me and you not put me a worst mark!

    regards


    Vanessa Cea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry...the word was "WROTE" and not Right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi teacher! I think that you movile phone is very modern, and that´s why you love it! But is not a good idea if you don´t used your memory! It´s great for phone numbers, but for bills? I´ll never hear about it!
    Greetings,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! i agree with you now, but on my rebel days i refuse to have a celphone! they make you their slave!! but now i've accepted :S

    i can get used to not have one too i think, but it take me some time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello teacher! I also think that mobile phone is a great invention because now it allows not only call other persons or receive calls, with many of this today you can take photographies, record videos, watch TV and more. It is a wonderful piece of technology!
    See you next class
    regards...
    Pamela R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi teacher!
    I also chose my phone, but i didn´t think in your other object the external disc drive, this it´s a very useful object, a long time ago my computer lost all the information and this invent saved almost averthing!!
    See you next class,
    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello teacher:
    I agree with her choice, the truth is that my cell phone and organizer are my highest concern technology is done today and are most necessary for my study and my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is difficult imagine the world without technology. I think that nobody is capable for to live without technology nowadays. We should try it! Could be a great challenge.

    See you Miss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello teacher

    I discovered the external disc recently, and I think that it is very useful, I do not have external disc, but I know that this one serves to guard many information ... for example books. in my computer I have many books, but I continue to prefer to have books of paper because to read in the computer is exhausting...

    We meet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi teacher...
    I think today is impossible to live without technology... almost everyone we use technological objects, also is necessary to integrated the world of information.

    see you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi teacher.
    I think is very important the technology, but can produced confusion. It does not serve ignore the technology for situacion of adversity.
    I see you.
    Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi teacher!!!

    I have a external disc drive too! i love it!!!!! Now i can save a lots of books and information, pictures, games, etc... i use it because my netbook it's very small and almost have not memory

    Well, see you in class!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's very interesting what you said about losing capacities because of the development of technology. Rousseau said the same thing in the seventeenth century when he was afraid that technology was going to became us its servants...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im sure that this is a very usefull piece of technology.
    Anyway, I think that we shouldnt give to the techonology a so big importance as a vital necessity (but its difficult, i know)

    bye, have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Miss, I also think that the cellphones are useful. Me too I like to be communicating with people and even have my cellphone camera is not what most use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi miss, i think the externaql disc drive is so useful on these days because we have to save a lot of digital information, above all for the university and is easier if we can bring it with ourselves .

    see you! (:

    ReplyDelete